Lead Ballet Teacher - Saturdays from September 2019
Saturday 8.45 - 12pm Islington and/or 1 - 3pm Hackney
(AM and PM Could be Same Teacher or Split Between Two Teachers)
Currently teaching over 400 children per week across London, Ballet North are looking for an exceptional dance teacher full of warmth and energy to join our growing team, helping deliver high quality, creative dance experiences to our growing number of pupils from ages 18 months upwards
Priding ourselves on our personal and friendly classes, we are looking for a teacher who is passionate about dance education, commited to the role and their development and who wishes be part of an established and professional school.
This is a permanent role (term time) with huge scope to grow for the right candidate:
Essential Requirements for the Role:
- Dance degree or similar / professional dance training
- Hold a recognised Ballet Teaching Qualification (eg. IDTA, RAD, ISTD, BBO)
- Experience working with both children and families
- Experience and confidence working with very young children
- Experience preparing children for dance exams and performances
- Must be punctual, reliable and professional at all times
- Long-term commitment to the role, personal development and the growth of the school
- Willingness to learn and deliver in the style of the school
- Up to date Enhanced DBS or willingness to obtain one immediately
- Up to date Insurance or willingness to obtain immediately
£25 - £30 p/h (depending on experience)
Dates (please let us know in your application if you can't make any)
Deadline for applications: 12pm Wednesday 1st May
Interviews: Wednesday 8th May
Audition Class: Saturday 11th May
Training Days (PAID - Shadowing Current Teacher): 29th June, 6th, 13th & 20th July
Start: Satuday 14th September 2019 (half day training to take place before this - TBC)
(Please see our full term dates on the website and make sure you are able to deliver all the sessions)
How to Apply
Please send an up to date teaching CV along with a covering letter outlining your suitability for this role and reasons for applying and copies of your up to date DBS and Insurance Certificates (if applicable) to [email protected] by the above deadline.
Please note in your cover letter which role you are applying for (AM or PM or Both) and any dates that you will not be available. Please also note any factors or other commitments that may clash with your work (e.g. other performing or teaching commitments on any of the dates outlined).
Thank you for your interest in working with Ballet North. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Contact: 0787 068 5596 [email protected] www.balletnorth.co.uk